Orange County United Way and the County of Orange Social Services Agency (SSA) are partnering to present virtual information sessions about commonly-used benefits programs that help individuals and families obtain food, employment, healthcare, and more.
LEARN ABOUT THE BENEFITS AVAILABLE TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
To better understand these benefits, we invite you to attend a FREE informational Zoom session presented by the SSA and Orange County United Way, featuring SSA benefits experts Yolanda De Avila, Hugo Melendez, Phong Nguyen, Amber Nowak, Kenny Rodriguez, and Nancy Thai.
Join us as we break down what these benefits provide, who is eligible, and how to enroll. We will also debunk common myths and answer any questions you may have.
We will explore the following benefits programs:
- CalWORKS – provides temporary financial assistance and employment-related services to families with minor children.
- CalFresh (formerly known as Food Stamps) – established to improve the nutrition of people in low-income households by increasing their food-buying power so they can purchase nutritious food, such as fruits, vegetables, and other healthy foods, for the members of their household.
- Emergency Child Care – Children of essential workers may be eligible to enroll in subsidized emergency child care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- General Relief – a County-funded program that provides temporary cash aid to eligible indigent adult lawful residents who are ineligible for Federal or State programs.
- Medi-Cal – provides health coverage to those families with very low income, as well as pregnant women and the blind, among others
SESSIONS DATES & TIMES AND REGISTRATION
In order to attend, you will need to register in advance. All registrants will be emailed the Zoom event link in advance of the information session. Note that the workshops will be recorded and all registrants will receive access to the recording.
SESSION 3: Spanish
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
11 am – 12 pm
Intended to be for individuals who may be eligible for these benefits
SESSION 4: General Audience
Thursday, June 25, 2020
11 am – 12 pm
General information session for anyone who would like to learn more about these resources and eligibility