Now’s the Time to Get More Involved
Our recent Scorecard Event Series highlighted the work being done to support our community during the health crisis and the progress made to help our students from disadvantaged backgrounds succeed, our struggling families gain financial security, and our homeless neighbors find a place to call home.
Though we have made tremendous impact in the past year ensuring our neighbors most in need continue to receive the aid they require, there’s still more work to do, and we need your help. If you’ve been standing on the sidelines, now’s the time to get in the game and show your support for one or all of our key initiatives: United to End Homelessness, United for Student Success, and United for Financial Security.
Here’s how you can help end homelessness in OC:
- Follow United to End Homelessness on social media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | LinkedIn
- Sign up for our Upcoming Events or contact Atty McLellan to host a free, private Homelessness 101 information session for your organization.
- Become a Housing Champion. Text CHAMP to 50503.
- Donate to our efforts.
- If you’re a property owner, learn more about WelcomeHomeOC.
Here’s how you can help Orange County students succeed:
- Support early-grade reading efforts through our COVID-19 Book Drive.
- Help strengthen OC’s future workforce by signing up to become a Virtual Internship Host Site and offer students a spot at your company in a 4-week virtual career readiness internship OR host a Virtual Industry Site Tour of your company. Contact Yahaira Ortiz to learn more about either of these opportunities.
- Contribute to our Class of 2021 GoFundMe Campaign, which provides a new e-Mentorship program, a robust virtual workshop series, and a new laptop and technology kit for students who complete the program and graduate high school.
Here’s how you can help local families achieve financial security:
- Sign up to be a volunteer tax preparer for our OC Free Tax Prep campaign. Email VITA@UnitedWayOC.org.
- Donate to our SparkPoint OC Client Assistance Fund to help program participants in their journey to rebuild their finances. Email EconomicOpportunity@UnitedWayOC.org.
- Get involved with UpSkill OC! Partner with us to provide coaching, trainings, apprenticeships or job opportunities for UpSkill OC participants or donate to our Client Scholarship Fund. For more information, contact UpSkill_OC@UnitedWayOC.org.
Together, we are Orange County’s Home Team leading the fight for equity by removing barriers, closing gaps, and leveling the playing field for everyone who lives here.