Updated March 23, 2020:
Volunteer and other ways to help needed! Learn immediate volunteer needs in Orange County.
Posted March 14, 2020:
Orange County United Way Raising Money to Establish Emergency Relief Fund to Support OC’s Most Vulnerable During COVID-19 Response
Please visit Orange County United Way’s Pandemic Relief Fund GoFundMe page for more information or to make a donation.
Posted March 13, 2020:
Orange County United Way is continuing to monitor the unfolding situation with the COVID-19. Here is a quick update on status and actions. Obviously, this is a fluid situation so we will provide additional updates as appropriate.
- As for our United Way employees, we are doing our best to ensure they are able to continue to do the amazing work while knowing their personal health is paramount for our county’s speedy recovery. Thus, at times we may be working remotely and pivoting from in-person events to electronic ones; all while we continue our important work to improve lives.
- As for our events, here is an update:
- Scorecard 3/25: is being cancelled as an in person event. However, we will create an electronic version to share with all of you to showcase what Orange County has accomplished together in improving the lives of so many over the past year.
- WPF Breakfast 5/20: We are keeping it on your calendars for now but, know we may need to move it depending on our collective progress in managing the spread of the virus.
- Smaller Events: We will send separate notices to those groups impacted, like our Affinity Groups, to keep you up to date.
- As for our Community Impact work, we are determining how to best help and even accelerate our work to ensure the most at risk are supported. Our teams are working closely with the County, non-profit partners and the schools to learn the most critical needs and create the appropriate solutions. Obviously, this is fluid but, we are actively engaged to find ways to help those most in need.
- Finally, we are setting up a fund to help fill gaps that have been exposed or worsened through this period of uncertainty. You’ll receive a separate note on that fund. United Way’s strength is helping communities rebuild and strengthen during and after challenging situations like this. We will need your help.
Now, I will invoke my dear 92 year old mom’s message. This too shall pass. We will manage through this as a community and know your United Way will help make us even stronger.
Thank you for all your support and let us know how we can help you as we all navigate this uncertain moment together.