“A gift to the Class of 2021 campaign is a gift to the next generation of community leaders. By helping these Orange County students graduate on time and bridge their digital divide, we are ensuring they are set up for success for college and, ultimately, for life.” – Sergio Contreras, Executive Director, United for Student Success, Orange County United Way.
We need your help and your voice to draw attention to this opportunity to help 300 Orange County high school seniors from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
These students are from Anaheim, Santa Ana, and Garden Grove – OC communities hardest hit by COVID-19, and not just economically. Some of these students have lost family members to the pandemic. Many are feeling isolated, overwhelmed, and adrift in a sea of uncertainty about their future.
Gifts to the Class of 2021 campaign will support:
– A new e-Mentorship program – 300 student mentees have already been assigned their mentors to continue on the path to academic success.
– A robust virtual workshop series – Teaching essential skills to best position students for success beyond high school.
– A new laptop and technology kit – To bridge the digital divide, celebrate their hard work, and support continued success.
Our goal is to raise $300,000 by December 31, 2020, to support the Class of 2021 program and help all 300 students ($1,000 per student) participating in the program.
You can help us by spreading the word on social media! We hope you’ll join us by participating in one or more of the following ways:
Spread the Word on Social Media
You can share a post in your own words to promote our Class of 2021 Campaign. Here are some post ideas that you can share as-is or use to inspire your own post:
- Sample Caption: Join me in helping 300 Orange County high school seniors from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds. I donated to the Class of 2021 Campaign to support an e-Mentorship program, a virtual workshop, AND new laptops for the students – all to help them graduate on time and bridge the digital divide! We are United for #StudentSuccessOC! Donate here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/class2021
- Short Sample Caption (Great for Twitter): Let’s rally together to help 300 high school seniors graduate on time! I am supporting @unitedwayoc’s Class of 2021 Campaign to help OC students stay on track during their senior year, and prepare them for college and beyond! #StudentSuccessOC Donate here: gofundme.com/f/class2021
Click here to download an image to share with your post.
If you are ready to take action and directly help a student in need, click here to donate.
Create a Facebook Fundraiser
You can inspire your friends on Facebook to join in supporting the Class of 2021! You can help reach more people on Facebook by creating your own fundraiser with your coworkers or family and invite your network to donate:
- Click here to create your own fundraiser
- Select the amount you want to raise for the Class of 2021
- Personalize the name of your fundraiser
- Customize the “Why are you raising money?” section to share why you are supporting this campaign. You can customize our sample description:
- Join me to fundraise and help 300 high school seniors from disadvantaged Orange County neighborhoods hardest hit by COVID-19. My goal is to raise [insert your personal dollar amount goal here] to support a high school student in the Class of 2021 program. Your donation will support an e-Mentorship program, a virtual workshop, AND new laptops for the students – all to help them graduate on time and bridge the digital divide!
- Click the “create” button to publish your fundraiser!
Have questions while creating your fundraiser? Learn more about Facebook fundraisers here.
Help more people see your Facebook Fundraiser by sharing it on social media in a post. Here is a sample caption you can use to promote your Facebook fundraiser:
- Sample Caption: Together, we are United for #StudentSuccessOC! Join me to fundraise and help 300 high school seniors from Orange County neighborhoods hardest hit by COVID-19. We can donate to the Class of 2021 Campaign to support an e-Mentorship program, a virtual workshop, AND new laptops for the students – all to help them graduate on time and bridge the digital divide! Donate to our fundraiser here: [link to your FB Class of 2021 Fundraiser]