- This event has passed.
Housing Day of Caring | Training for Point-In-Time Count – Multiple Dates Available
January 20, 2017 - January 25, 2017
The Point-In-Time count (PIT) has two main components:
- Counting people who are experiencing homelessness
- Interviewing those who are interested in participating in a survey
The count will happen in multiple locations across the county on Saturday, January 28th 2017, from 4:30 am to 9:00 am.
All volunteers have to attend a training for the PIT. There are three training dates available:
- January 20, 4pm
- January 21, 9am
- January 25, 4pm
The PIT count and survey provide essential data on our homeless population in Orange County. Orange County receives over 20 million dollars in HUD funding for homeless services; in order to continue receiving these funds OC has to provide the PIT information every 2 years.
The information is also used by elected officials, non-profits and private funders to guide the provision of services for the homeless.
How to be involved:
We have three ways for you to be involved:
- Volunteer to count with us
- Help to collect items to give away (sign up for that opportunity here)
- Help assemble those packages as a thank you to those who participate in the survey (sign up for that opportunity here)
To register for this event, please click “Select Date” to choose the training session that best works for you from the form below.
Thank you for being a part of making sure that everyone counts!
Please share this event with your friends and family and help us meet our goal or 1,000 volunteers!
Day of Caring sponsored by Wells Fargo.