How to Join
2) Set up an appointment to come to the United Way office and interview with the Youth Volunteer Committee Chair.
Available meeting times are Mondays between 11:00am and 3:00pm. At this time, you’ll be able to ask questions and learn more about being a part of the Committee.
To set up the appointment or if you have any questions, please submit the form below:
Get Back. Give Back.
Join an energized group of college and high school students in Orange County, California committed to changing lives. Now accepting applications for committee members.
What You’ll Get
- Earn volunteer & community service hours
- Build a network of like-minded friends and colleagues
- Make a difference in OC
- Grow as a person
- Learn about issues facing our community
- Experience in non-profit work
- Get to know your local United Way
- If you’re in high school: make your college application stand out
- If you’re in college: earn quality resume content
What You’ll Give
- Initial interview for all members
- Attend monthly committee meetings that take place on a Monday at 4pm
- Additional prep and research on your own time may be necessary
- Your input – brainstorm and collaborate to solve specific problems
- Share volunteer activities on social media
- Recruit friends to volunteer
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to meeting you soon!
If you have any questions, please call Kristine Peters at 949.263.6139 or send in your question via the form on this page.
Watch the Youth Volunteer Committee in Action
THE FIT CLUB™ Program gives students a safe place to exercise, learn about healthy eating and even participate in cooking classes after school and during the summer
- Jackelin, 6, entered as a shy child, but soon became a standout. She was the first to volunteer for the obstacle course, advancing from one sit up and pushup to 10 of each!
- Jordan, 12, gave 100% effort and always helped the younger kids. Over the course of the summer, he lost 11 pounds and gained a more positive self-image