About Covered OC
Covered OC is a collaborative of multi-disciplinary health and human service agencies committed to the mission to ensure all Orange County residents have access to quality and affordable healthcare. In 2012, Orange County United Way helped co-found the collaborative, originally with over 80 member agencies, dedicated to implementing Covered CA/Medi-Cal health care coverage throughout Orange County.
Covered OC’s Goal
Covered OC aims to support policy and system change advocacy that improves health access and coverage for all people in Orange County.
Covered OC’s Accomplishments
- Brought in over $6 million of funding for outreach, education, and enrollment services
- Orange County became the 2nd highest producing county in California during the first open enrollment period
- 83% of adults and 97.5% of children have health insurance in Orange County
Sign up to the Covered OC List Service
Who is the Covered OC list service open to?
Participation in Covered OC is open, but not limited to: public and private health care providers and organizations, hospitals, health care support services, local government, charitable and religious groups, business and corporate entities, citizen groups, and individuals that want to be included in our information sharing and/or be invited to participate in events/policy discussions.
How Will I Make a Difference?
Help us to support our health system and improve health access and policy change for all Orange County residents.
If your organization would like to be a part of our coalition, please fill out the form below.
Covered OC List Service Sign Up Form
Upcoming Covered OC Events
For 2020, Covered OC’s Policy Series will look in-depth at the three-year program and expenditure plan for the Mental Health Services Act. Our goal is to create an empowering agenda for more effective, efficient, and successful implementation of this plan over the next three years. This 500-page document presents a robust and comprehensive roadmap for Orange County to address the challenging reality of mental health in our community.
Covered OC cordially invites you to join us for our 2020 Policy Series as we take a deeper dive into the impact and implications of the 2020-23 Mental Health Services Act’s Plan. The meetings will be held online. We have the pleasure of working with Leah Ersoylu, President of Ersoylu Consulting to guide us through this deep-dive and set the context for our facilitated discussions. Please see the meeting dates and topics below:
Navigation & Linkage to Treatment/Services
OC Links, BHS Outreach & Engagement, The Courtyard Outreach Program, CHS Jail to Community Re-Entry, and Recovery Open Access
September 1, 2020 | 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Crisis Prevention & Support Services
Warm Line, Suicide Prevention, Mobile Crisis Assessment Team, Crisis Stabilization Unites, In-Home Crisis Stabilization, and BHS Disaster Response
October 6, 2020 | 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Early Intervention, Clinic Expansion, and Full-Service Partnership Programs
November 10, 2020 | 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Peer Support, Family Support, General Support, and Housing Support
December 8, 2020 | 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Workforce Education & Training, Capital Facilities & Technology, and Special Projects
To register for these events, please RSVP by filling out the form above.
You will receive a confirmation email with information for the meeting. We look forward to having you join us during this 2020 Covered OC Policy Series.
Covered OC Steering Committee Members
- Georgina Maldonado, Co-Chair, Executive Director, Community Health Initiative of Orange County
- Michelle Murphy, Co-Chair, MSW, Director of Public Affairs, Orange County United Way
- Amy Arambulo, Director, Community Programs, 2-1-1 Orange County
- Isabel Becerra, Chief Executive Officer, Coalition of Orange County Community Health Centers
- Nahla Kayali, Executive Director, Access California Services
- Sara Lee, JD, Supervising Attorney, Health Consumer Action Center, Community Legal Aid SoCal
- Ambrocia Lopez, Director of Mission Programs, Susan G. Komen Orange County
- Claudia Hernandez Magee, Manager, Strategic Development, CalOptima
- Minzah Malik, MPH, MBA, Manager, Community Benefit Program, Hoag Memorial Hospital
- Aracely Navarro, Associate Director of Government & Community Relations, The Children’s Partnership
- Taryn Palumbo, Executive Director, OC Grantmakers
- An Tran, Chief Deputy Director, County of Orange Social Services Agency
- Marcos Ramirez, Principal, MVR Consulting