- About Us
- Our Initiatives
- Corporate Partners
- Individual Giving
- For Nonprofits
- Get Involved
- Find Help
- Blog United
The first Building Block to a successful and self-sufficient future is Education. Education is more than just a classroom or a teacher. For youth to receive a quality education, it takes the focus and resources of the entire community to create learning-rich environments where dreams are fueled and opportunities are delivered to those who need them. But sadly, many groups in Orange County don’t have the same opportunity to learn, thrive, and succeed as others. So Orange County United Way has made providing educational opportunities to everyone a major priority.
The United Way Objective
To help students reach their potential through support of:
- Readiness to succeed in school
- Academic achievement
- Productive and engaged youth
How Orange County United Way will accomplish these goals:
We are mobilizing our Education partner agencies through Orange County United Way’s Community Impact Fund to support the following strategic approaches:
- For ages 0-5, early childhood education programs that directly enhance the cognitive and social development of at-risk children and ensure their successful transition into kindergarten.
- For grades K-12, youth education programs that directly improve the academic success of at-risk kindergarten through 12th grade students by improving grade-appropriate reading and/or mathematics and/or science skills; work in coordination with local schools; and/or increase parent engagement in the child’s academic success.
- Orange County United Way’s Education Initiative—Destination Graduation.
For a complete list of Orange County United Way’s Education partner agencies, click here.
To see the impact being made on individual lives, click here.
Give | Advocate | Volunteer
*Source: Department of Education, Data Quest, 2010-2011 baseline data