Orange County United Way takes our role as steward of donor money very seriously.
We engage community volunteers to oversee every aspect of our management and financial systems to ensure that we are operating at the highest levels of professionalism and excellence. We also submit to an annual independent audit, to ensure continued financial responsibility, accountability and inspire trust and confidence in all our stakeholders.
United Way Worldwide Standard of Excellence
All United Ways are separate, nonprofit corporations who raise funds for their local communities and are governed by local volunteers. To operate under the umbrella of United Way, members must adhere to very strict membership requirements, including United Way Worldwide Standards of Excellence.
These standards require participating United Ways to submit a detailed self-assessment biannually and detailed revenue and expense information yearly, plus an annual certification to very strict legal, governance, trademark, ethics, reporting, designation fee, and audit requirements.
FACE 2024 Strategic Plan
Through our 10-year community-wide action plan FACE 2024 (Fund, Advocate, Collaborate, Educate), United Way partners with local businesses, community organizations, government agencies and individuals to make a measurable difference.
United Way 2018 Annual Report: Doing More for Our Community
Read our first annual FACE 2024 progress report, which includes highlights of our work to bring about significant change.
IRS Determination Letter
View Orange County United Way’s IRS Determination Letter
View our fiscal year end 6/30/2018 Audited Financial Statement
View our latest 990 form
- Value and embrace differences in race, religion, gender, disability, nationality, age, sexual orientation and ethnic background as a critical component to our successes at serving the changing needs of our community
- Strive to have diversity representation, to the extent possible, in all United Way activities and committees
- Treat one another with dignity and respect in all United Way activities
- Provide equal opportunity in employment decisions including recruiting, hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, and training, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, status as a qualified disabled or handicapped individual or any other legally protected class
- Are committed to a professional work environment free from any form of harassment to include physical, psychological or verbal harassment based on any legally protected characteristic
- Provide services and funding to organizations which agree to provide services to the residents of Orange County without regard to social and economic class, gender, ability, race, religious group and sexual orientation
United Way Worldwide Membership Requirements
United Way Worldwide has recognized Orange County United Way as having completed the 2018 United Way Worldwide membership requirements.