Youth Career Connections is Orange County United Way’s work-based learning initiative that infuses classroom learning with real-world experiences. We connect students directly to employers so they are prepared for lifelong success by graduating both college- and career-ready.
Bringing experiential learning to and extending student career exploration beyond the classroom helps put students on a path toward academic and economic success.
Volunteer as a Corporate Classroom Speaker
Volunteer to be a Corporate Classroom Speaker at a local high school through Orange County United Way’s Youth Career Connections program. Corporate Classroom Speaker sessions are available Monday – Friday, between 7:30 A.M. and 3 P.M. from October 2021 to May 2022.
Speakers are needed from the following industry areas:
- Arts, Media, & Entertainment (Digital Arts Media)
- Business, Marketing, & Finance
- Information & Communication Technologies
- Engineering, Design, & Architecture
- Health Services & Medical Technology
HOW TO SIGN UP AS A SPEAKER
For additional information about becoming a Corporate Classroom Speaker, please contact Yahaira Ortiz via email or by phone 949.263.6142.
Why Youth Career Connections?
Key Educational Partners
- Anaheim Union High School District
- Garden Grove Unified School District
- Orange County Department of Education
– OC Pathways
Our Corporate Business Partners
- Disneyland Resort
- Eaton Aerospace
- Google Fiber
- L3Harris Technologies
- St. Joseph Health
- Sunwest Bank
PARTNERS IN ACTION
How Your Business Can Get Involved
Invest in OC’s Future Workforce
A full spectrum of work-based learning experiences builds career awareness, enhances career exploration and leads to early career preparation:
- Arrange Corporate Speaking Engagements
- Host Industry Site Visits
- Participate in Teacher Learning Panels
- Host a Teacher Externship
- Host a High School Intern
Empower Youth to Become Tomorrow’s Leaders
We are actively seeking local business mentor partners in these industries:
- Arts, Media and Entertainment
- Engineering and Architecture
- Health Services and Medical Technology
- Information and Computer Technology