In 2014, Orange County United Way launched FACE 2024, a 10-year collaborative, communitywide action plan to create a positive future for the next generation.
Our plan focuses on long-term solutions to the most critical challenges facing Orange County children and families. To create a stronger community with healthy families, everyone must have access to a quality Education, a sustainable Income, better Health and stable Housing—the building blocks for a good quality of life.
Creating A Better Future For The Next Generation
By 2024, working as a united community, we are laser focused on accomplishing four specific goals:
Moving The Needle
FACE 2024 sets the strategy to move the needle on the issues confronting our community, thereby transforming the lives of our children and families by:
Funding innovative programs that support community-wide goals
Advocating for the voiceless to ensure policy and program improvement
Collaborating with those who have the passion, expertise and resources to drive change
Educating businesses, community leaders and the public on critical local issues
It’s our most current community snapshot highlighting how, by working together, we are bringing about significant change here in Orange County.
Become a Change Agent by Investing in Your Community
- In 2014, Orange County United Way helped change the story for 293,052 people in our community
- Early childhood education: More than 1,800 children completed early grade reading programs to ensure kids are reading by 3rd grade
- College readiness: 26,000 high school students enrolled in Destination Graduation, inspiring at-risk youth to finish high school on-time
- Financial literacy: 17,000+ individuals and families realized tax credits, while 300+ adults learned how to reduce their debt, increase assets for greater financial stability
- Healthy children: 18,000+ children and their families are benefitting from better physical and nutritional opportunities, and 131,000 residents now have access to quality healthcare
- Home for good: Dozens of homeless children and families were placed into affordable housing and rapid rehousing programs, on a path to stable housing
When you give to United Way, your investment stays here and works in our community to address the most pressing issues we face. And we not only meet today’s needs, we are working on solutions for lasting change—to change the FACE of Orange County.
I was able to start a new life for my son and me after leaving a very bad situation. I had been out of the job market for a while—I had legal issues and was without hope or a home. I regained self-sufficiency and my sense of purpose and today, my family and I are thriving and have a home at last.