The hallmark of an Alexis de Tocqueville Society member is a special level of commitment to making a positive impact. Across the United States, there are nearly 25,000 members working together to change lives.
Here in Orange County, our influential group of local philanthropists is an alliance of nearly 400 successful, community-minded individuals and business leaders who contribute $10,000 or more annually with $3,500 or more invested in Orange County United Way’s community-based work. We are grateful to our members who show their passion by contributing time, talent, and financial resources to help transform Orange County.
Benefits of Membership
Join a network of nearly 400 members
Special events with community leaders
Unique affinity groups
Recognition in the national Alexis de Tocqueville Society
One-on-one personal philanthropy liaison
Caring for our community #TheOCWay
Alexis de Tocqueville Society Affinity Groups
- President’s Circle – President’s Circle members show extraordinary dedication to social responsibility and make an annual investment to support United Way’s mission in Orange County. Learn More about President’s Circle.
- Women United – This diverse group of 350+ local women actively engage in philanthropy, volunteerism, and advocacy throughout Orange County. Learn More about Women United.
At the forefront of improving lives through generosity and passion
Setting the standard for charitable giving, Alexis de Tocqueville Society members are at the forefront of improving lives through extraordinary financial gifts, volunteerism and advocacy. Meet some of our leaders:
For over two decades, Sherri Bovino and Greg Burden have brought passion, insights, and expertise to Orange County United Way. Sherri serves as a board member and is a past chair for the Women’s Philanthropy Fund and Greg is a past chair of the Alexis de Tocqueville Society.
Nancy and Mike Meyer have supported Orange United Way for more than 30 years. They committed at the highest level of personal generosity for our community as members of Million Dollar Roundtable, an amazing group of extraordinary leaders, who are helping to create a lifelong partnership that transforms lives and creates change where it is needed most.
Alexis de Tocqueville Cabinet Members
Tocqueville Society Cabinet Co-Chairs
- Shirin Behzadi, Shirin Behzadi, LLC
- Per Irani
Women United Co-Chairs
- Laurie Dubchansky, Havaplan Financial
- Maggie O’Sullivan, J.P. Morgan Chase
- Greg Backley, Automobile Club of Southern California
- Antonella Castro, Real Estate and Business Lawyer
- Loreen Gilbert, WealthWise Financial Services
- Karen Grundhofer, Jump Global Technology Advisors
- Jackie Kelley, Ernst & Young LLP
- Andrew Krongold, Spinnaker Investment Group, LLC
- Nanda Kumar, Eaton Aerospace
- Jim Moloney, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Chris Norton, Latham & Watkins LLP
- Becki Procsal, KPMG LLP
- Michael Ray, Western Digital Corporation
- Matt Rink, Alcon Labs
- Steve Roush, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (retired)
- Jim Scheinkman, Snell & Wilmer, LLP
- John Simonis, Reed Smith LLP
- Brenda Springer, Reveille Inc.
- Gabriel Steffens, TIAA-CREF
- John Valenta, Deloitte
- John Waldeck, CMB, CRI, Pacific Life Insurance Co.
- Don Yahn, Cushman & Wakefield
Upcoming United Way Events
May 18, 2023 | 7:30 am to 9:30 am
18000 Von Karman Ave., Irvine, CA 92612
May 2, 2023 | 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
OC Department of Education (Building D)
200 Kalmus Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
There are currently no upcoming events…
Please check back again soon.
Donor Advised Fund – Doing More to help you achieve philanthropic goals
Orange County United Way is excited to offer our distinguished donors the opportunity to establish an online Donor-Advised Fund (DAF). You can maximize your charitable contributions for income tax purposes and make grant recommendation to charities of your choice at your convenience. Our unique benefits:
- No time limit on spending your contribution
- Complex assets accepted
- One-on-one personal liaison
- Personalize your fund
- No set-up fee
- Competitive market prices for maintenance & processing fees
For more information, please contact Mike Olson, Orange County United Way Associate Director, Development, at 949.263.6127 or via email.
Become an Alexis de Tocqueville Society Member
Alexis de Tocqueville Society Pledge Form
Send your Alexis de Tocqueville Society gift to United Way online using the form below. Or, if you prefer, you can download the form in PDF format.