The hallmark of an Alexis de Tocqueville Society member is a special level of commitment to making a positive impact. Across the United States, there are nearly 25,000 members working together to change lives.
Here in Orange County, our influential group of local philanthropists is an alliance of more than 300 successful, community-minded individuals and business leaders who invest $10,000 or more annually in Orange County United Way’s community-based work. We are grateful to our members who show their passion by contributing time, talent, and financial resources to help transform Orange County.
Benefits of Membership
Join a network of nearly 400 members
Special events with community leaders
Unique affinity groups
Recognition in the national Alexis de Tocqueville Society
One-on-one personal philanthropy liaison
Caring for our community #TheOCWay
Alexis de Tocqueville Society Affinity Groups
- President’s Circle – President’s Circle members show extraordinary dedication to social responsibility and make an annual investment to support United Way’s mission in Orange County. Learn More about President’s Circle.
- Women United – This diverse group of 300+ local women actively engage in philanthropy, volunteerism, and advocacy throughout Orange County. Learn More about Women United.
At the forefront of improving lives through generosity and passion
Setting the standard for charitable giving, Alexis de Tocqueville Society members are at the forefront of improving lives through extraordinary financial gifts, volunteerism and advocacy. Meet our co-chairs:
Alexis de Tocqueville Society Co-Chair
Chief Executive Officer,
Shirin Behzadi, LLC
Alexis de Tocqueville Cabinet Members
Tocqueville Society Cabinet Co-Chairs
- Greg Backley, Automobile Club of Southern California
- Shirin Behzadi, Shirin Behzadi, LLC
Women United Co-Chairs
- Haunani Nakabara, Intuitive
- Maggie O’Sullivan, J.P. Morgan Chase
- Eric Goodman, Mountain View Services, Inc.
- Karen Grundhofer, Jump Global Technology Advisors
- Dan Hagedorn, Reed Smith LLP
- Jim Moloney, Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Becki Procsal, KPMG LLP
- Matt Rink, Alcon Labs
- Steve Roush, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (retired)
- Jim Scheinkman, Snell & Wilmer LLP
- Nisha Verma, Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- John Waldeck, Pacific Life Insurance Co.
- Don Yahn, Cushman & Wakefield
- Casper Yen, The Lew Firm
Donor Advised Fund – Doing More to help you achieve philanthropic goals
Orange County United Way is excited to offer our distinguished donors the opportunity to establish an online Donor-Advised Fund (DAF). You can maximize your charitable contributions for income tax purposes and make grant recommendation to charities of your choice at your convenience. Our unique benefits:
- No time limit on spending your contribution
- Complex assets accepted
- One-on-one personal liaison
- Personalize your fund
- No set-up fee
- Competitive market prices for maintenance & processing fees