The hallmark of an Alexis de Tocqueville Society member is a special level of commitment to making a positive impact. Across the United States, there are nearly 25,000 members working together to change lives.
Here in Orange County, our elite group of local philanthropists is an alliance of nearly 400 successful, community-minded individuals and business leaders who contribute $10,000 or more annually with $3,500 or more invested in Orange County United Way’s community-based work. We are grateful to our members who show their passion by contributing time, talent, and financial resources to help transform Orange County.
Benefits of Membership
Join a network of nearly 400 members
Special events with community leaders
Unique affinity groups
Recognition in the national Alexis de Tocqueville Society
One-on-one personal philanthropy liaison
Caring for our community #TheOCWay
Alexis de Tocqueville Society Affinity Groups
- President’s Circle – President’s Circle members show extraordinary dedication to social responsibility and make an annual investment to support United Way’s mission in Orange County. Learn More about President’s Circle.
- Women United – This diverse group of 350+ local women actively engage in philanthropy, volunteerism, and advocacy throughout Orange County. Learn More about Women United.
At the forefront of improving lives through generosity and passion
Setting the standard for charitable giving, Alexis de Tocqueville Society members are at the forefront of improving lives through extraordinary financial gifts, volunteerism and advocacy. Meet some of our leaders:
For over two decades, Sherri Bovino and Greg Burden have brought passion, insights, and expertise to Orange County United Way. Sherri serves as a board member and is a past chair for the Women’s Philanthropy Fund and Greg is a past chair of the Alexis de Tocqueville Society.
Throughout the 26 years that Suzanne Fradette has been involved with United Way, she has been an active board member, a past chair of the Women’s Philanthropy Fund, an Alexis de Tocqueville Society cabinet co-chair and is a member of the Orange Impact Society. In 2015, she was honored as one of the Volunteers of the Year for her contribution of time and talents to advancing United Way’s mission.
Nancy and Mike Meyer have supported Orange United Way for more than 30 years. They committed at the highest level of personal generosity for our community as members of Million Dollar Roundtable, an amazing group of extraordinary leaders, who are helping to create a lifelong partnership that transforms lives and creates change where it is needed most.
Alexis de Tocqueville Cabinet Members
- Darryl Button, Pacific Life Insurance Company
- Karla Button, Community Volunteer
- Greg Backley, Automobile Club of Southern California
- Shirin Behzadi
- Antonella Castro, Real Estate and Business Lawyer
- Suzanne Fradette, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Loreen Gilbert, WealthWise Financial Services
- Jackie Kelley, Ernst & Young LLP
- Andrew Krongold, Spinnaker Investment Group, LLC
- Nanda Kumar, Eaton Aerospace
- Chris Norton, Latham & Watkins LLP
- Michael Ray, Western Digital
- Matt Rink, Alcon Labs
- Bill Rooklidge, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Steve Roush, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (Retired)
- Jim Scheinkman, Snell & Wilmer, L.L.P.
- John Simonis, Paul Hastings
- Gabriel Steffens, TIAA-CREF
- John Valenta, Deloitte.
- John Waldeck, CMB, CRI, Pacific Life Insurance Company
- Don Yahn, Cushman & Wakefield
Donor Advised Fund – Doing More to help you achieve philanthropic goals
Orange County United Way is excited to offer our distinguished donors the opportunity to establish an online Donor-Advised Fund (DAF). You can maximize your charitable contributions for income tax purposes and make grant recommendation to charities of your choice at your convenience. Our unique benefits:
- No time limit on spending your contribution
- Complex assets accepted
- One-on-one personal liaison
- Personalize your fund
- No set-up fee
- Competitive market prices for maintenance & processing fees