Our Commitment to Our Donors and Patrons
We will not sell, share or trade the Personal Information we collect about you with any third party other than service providers, government agencies, or other third party nonprofit entities that collaborate with us in serving the interests of our community, and we do not send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
Effective as of June 29, 2021
Personal Information We May Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person. We may collect the following Personal Information from you when you use our Sites.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Mailing Address or City of Residence
- Phone Number
- Company Name
- Photographs or Videos
- Payment Card Information
Sensitive Information: Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send or otherwise disclose to us your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership. In those cases where we may request or invite you to provide the foregoing information, we will only do so with your express consent, in accordance with applicable data protection law requirements. Where you provide us with such information without request from OCUW, we reserve the right (but do not have any obligation) to erase any such information at our discretion.
Information About Minors: Our Sites are not intended for persons under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information online from persons in this age group. We reserve the right to delete any information identified as having been provided by such persons at our discretion.
How We Collect Personal Information
When you interact with us through our Sites, we may collect information from you in the following manners.
Information You Provide
Passive Information Collection, Use, and Choices
As you navigate our Sites, certain Personal Information may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered automatically without your actively providing it. This is done using the techniques described below.
- IP Addresses: An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our Sites, we may view the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. We use this information to determine the general physical location of the device and understand from what geographic regions our website visitors come. We also may use this information to enhance our Sites.
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version.
- Social Media Widgets: Our Sites may include social media tools, including social media widgets or plug-ins, to connect you to your social media accounts. These features may set a cookie or use other automatic collection and tracking technologies to collect information about you and your use of the social media features through and in connection with our Sites. These social media tools may be hosted by a third party. Your interactions with these tools and the corresponding social media platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide such platforms.
Additionally, we may also implement a Twitter website tag to collect conversion tracking data and collect data for remarketing purposes. The website tag for remarketing collects visitor cookie IDs and allows us to serve you tailored ads and opportunities based on your interests. You may opt out of Twitter’s collection of remarketing data here.
- With your explicit consent, we may use text messages to keep in touch with you regarding our programs, events, fundraising efforts, and other news. We send approximately 4 messages/month. Message and data rates may apply. All outbound mobile messages always automatically include “Reply HELP for help” or “Text STOP to stop” or “Text STOP to unsubscribe” so you can easily get help or unsubscribe.
How We Use and Disclose the Information We Collect
- to respond to your inquiries and to send you information that you request and to process your donations or requests for assistance;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding our Sites, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and other administrative information;
- to notify you about upcoming events and donations;
- to promote our mission and initiatives, and the missions and initiatives of our affiliates;
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, recordkeeping, developing new products or services, enhancing our Sites, improving our services, identifying usage trends for our Sites, optimizing your experience on our Sites, and determining the effectiveness of our fundraising campaigns;
- if you choose to complete a survey, we may use the information for purposes of evaluating your feedback from the survey; and
- if we intend to collect and use Personal Information for another purpose, we may seek your permission at the time the information is collected.
We may also use any information that does not personally identify you, your computer, or your device for any purpose.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- to help us conduct marketing, advertising, or fundraising campaigns;
- to the companies or individuals that provide services to us, such as website hosting services, relationship management services, and payment processing;
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- with government agencies or other third party nonprofit entities that collaborate with us in serving the interest of our community.
Uses and Disclosures to Comply with Laws
In addition, we use and disclose Personal Information collected through our Sites, as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities that may be outside of your country of residence;
- to enforce our terms and conditions; (v) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates;
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Links to Third Party Sites
Where Your Information is Processed
OCUW is a US entity and is subject to and abides by US data protection laws. If you are visiting any of our Sites from outside the US and have questions about how we protect your data, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OCUW will take reasonable steps to protect the information collected and provided via our Sites from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
For questions about this website, please contact us at email@example.com or https://www.unitedwayoc.org/contact-us
For questions about privacy or handling of your Personal Information, please contact us at via firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact us by mail:
Orange County United Way
18012 Mitchell Avenue South
Irvine, CA 92614