The Orange County Safety Net Fund addresses the needs of seniors, veterans, individuals and families without any means to access health care and help for at-risk youth.
Helping OC’s Most Vulnerable
The OC Safety Net provides direct help for seniors, veterans, homeless and at-risk youth, and individuals and families without access to health care
United Way’s Safety Net Focus
Our social Safety Net partners provide immediate emergency support for our community’s most vulnerable populations. Thanks to more partners coming on board, the OC Safety Net allows for better coordination of services and expansion to meet the growing needs of our community.
The Safety Net currently addresses many health and human services issues including:
- Health monitoring, nursing care services and caregiver support services for seniors
- Nutritious meals and other in-home services for seniors
- Family support services for veterans and their families
- Mental health services for veterans
- Access to high quality specialty care, free medical and dental care
- Crisis intervention and refuge services for homeless, runaway, at-risk and abused youth
- Transportation for seniors
- Senior advocacy resources to address senior issues with Orange County’s government leaders