Getting more families on the road to gaining financial independence is the driving force behind the creation of our SparkPoint OC—one-stop financial empowerment centers to help hard-working low-income residents gain free access to personal financial coaching and resources here in Orange County.
Virtual Financial Literacy Workshops
May 28 – July 9, 2020
We invite you to join us every Thursday from May 28 – July 9, 2020, for a free virtual Money Smart workshop series covering topics such as decreasing debt, increasing savings, budgeting, college planning, family vacations, and large purchases.
You will learn from personal finances expert Natalie Haddad-Torres how to see a better financial picture to determine your short and long-term financial goals, as well as how to create a balanced plan to help you meet those goals.
Virtual Financial Literacy Workshop Series Schedule:
- May 28: Disasters – Financial and Preparation & Recovery
- June 4: Your Money Values & Influences
- June 11: Your Income & Expenses
- June 18: Managing Your Debt
- June 25: Your Savings
- July 2: Your Spending and Saving Plan
- July 9: Credit Reports and Scores
Money Smart Workshop Series
June 23 – August 4, 2020
SparkPoint OC invites you to join us from June 23 – August 4, 2020 at 2:00 pm for a FREE Money Smart workshop series covering an array of financial literacy topics! From decreasing debt, increasing savings, budgeting, college planning, family vacations, and large purchases, it’s time to bring everything into focus and become a better steward of your finances.
You will learn from Natalie Haddad-Torres, an expert on personal finances. She will coach you to see a better financial picture to help you determine your short and long-term financial goals, as well as create a balanced plan to help you meet those goals.
A certificate of completion will be issued after completing the entire workshop series.
YOU MUST REGISTER IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE LINK.
Date and Time: every Tuesday starting at 2:00 pm starting June 23, 2020 and ending August 4, 2020
Location: A Zoom link will be sent 24 hours before the workshop.
Money Smart Workshop Series Schedule:
- June 23: Disasters – Financial and Preparation & Recovery
- June 30: Your Money Values and Influences
- July 7: Your Income and Expenses
- July 14: Managing Your Debt
- July 21: Your Savings
- July 28: Your Spending and Saving Plan
- August 4: Credit Reports and Scores
Improving family financial stability through job training and financial education gives determined residents the tools they need to thrive and break the cycle of poverty.
SparkPoint OC Financial Empowerment Centers help families create step-by-step personal finance plans to tackle their specific needs. With the help of one-on-one financial coaching, attainable goal-setting plans are created in three key areas:
- Increasing income—free tax prep and tax credits, accessing public assistance, job training and placement
- Managing credit—improving credit scores, managing debt, creating sustainable household budgets for greater financial freedom
- Building assets—savings and asset planning to help families reach goals like buying a home or paying for college
More than 300 individuals participated in SparkPoint OC last year. By providing access to a full range of free financial resources and coaches, hard-working, low-income families now have a path to escape financial hardship and attain self-sufficiency.
Together, we can transform the lives of children and families in Orange County by reducing the percentage of financially unstable families by 25% by 2024.
Download our SparkPoint OC flyers:
Free SparkPoint OC Service Locations
- SparkPoint OC at Abrazar in Westminster*
- SparkPoint OC in Schools
*If you are seeking free financial coaching, please contact SparkPoint OC at Abrazar in Westminster on the phone 714-278-4679 or via email. Their address is 7101 Wyoming St., Westminster, CA 92683.
SparkPoint OC helped me in so many ways. I have my finances under control, I have a better credit score, a nice savings account—and I got help getting financial aid for college. I LIVE UNITED because I want a better future for my son.