By Staff Report / Orange County Register
Here’s a little update from the folks at United Way, which through its Free Tax Prep Campaign helped thousands of local residents file their tax returns on time this April.
By the numbers:
- 19,000 participants were helped throughout Orange County
- $16.3 million in federal and state refunds were issued
- $3.83 million was saved in tax preparation fees
- 9,263 calls received on United Way’s tax appointment hotline
- The average adjusted gross income of taxpayers helped this year was $22,581