SparkPoint OC — Making Financial Stability a Reality
Getting more families on the road to becoming financially independent is the driving force behind the creation of United Way’s SparkPoint OC—one-stop financial empowerment centers to help hard working, low-income residents gain free access to personal financial coaching and resources here in Orange County.
SparkPoint OC Financial Empowerment Centers help families create step-by-step personal finance plans to tackle their specific needs. Working with coaches one-on-one, attainable goal-setting plans are created in three key areas:
- Increasing income—free tax prep and tax credits, accessing public assistance, job training and placement
- Managing credit—improving credit scores, managing debt, creating sustainable household budgets
- Building assets—savings and asset planning to help families reach goals like buying a home or paying for college
Free SparkPoint OC Service Locations
- SparkPoint OC at Abrazar in Westminster
- SparkPoint OC at Delhi Center in Santa Ana
- SparkPoint OC in Schools
Escaping Financial Hardship
“SparkPoint OC helped me in so many ways. I have my finances under control, I have a better credit score, a nice savings account—and I got help getting financial aid for college. I LIVE UNITED because I want a better future for my son.”—Estefania, SparkPoint OC Client
Improving family financial stability through job training and financial literacy gives hard-working people access to the tools they need to thrive and break the cycle of poverty.
- Abrazar, Inc.
- Delhi Center
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Orange County
- Legal Aid Society of Orange County
- NeighborWorks Orange County
- Public Law Center
- Virtual Counselor Network (VCN)
- Chase Bank
- Comunidad Latina Federal Credit Union
- Union Bank