- About Us
- Our Focus
- Our Work
- Campaign Headquarters
- Donor Circles
- Get Involved
- Finding Help
- Blog United
Free Tax Preparation
NEED TO GET YOUR TAXES DONE?
We’ll do your taxes for FREE!
Earn It! Keep It! Save It! Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) offers free tax help to hard-working individuals and families from Orange County.
Orange County United Way partners with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), nonprofits, and other organizations to offer you free tax help. Tax preparation services are provided by trained, IRS-certified volunteers in a number of languages, including English, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
How Do I Qualify for FREE Tax Help?
Volunteers are trained to prepare basic 2012 federal and California state income tax returns ONLY!
- Your income must be less than $58,000.
When Are the FREE Tax Sites Open?
Free tax sites are open from January through April.
Where Do I Go to Get My Taxes Done for Free?
Free tax sites are located at various nonprofit organizations, schools, and community centers throughout Orange County. Call 888.434.8248 (beginning January 1) for site locations and hours of operation.
What Do I Bring with Me?
The following items are needed to prepare your tax return:
- Proof of identity—driver’s license or photo I.D.
- Social Security card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Birthdates for you, your spouse, and dependents on the tax return
- W-2, 1099s, 1098s, and any other tax forms you receive
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Voided check for direct deposit
How Do I Get More Information?
To find out if you qualify for FREE tax help, please call 888.434.8248.
Give | Advocate | Volunteer