Local Community Plays Critical Role in Orange County Nonprofit Serving 726,960 Residents
The OC community is working to support student success, help families gain financial security, and ensure our homeless neighbors find a place to call home.
The Orange County community is committed to caring for one another because when our community is thriving, it benefits us all. Dedicated OC residents are uniting to help our neighbors in need by advocating for change alongside Orange County nonprofits.
Orange County United Way, an Orange County Nonprofit, is Inspired by You
Bolstered by our community’s passion and support, Orange County United Way is working to improve lives for everyone who lives here by working to ensure local students succeed, struggling OC families gain financial security, and our homeless neighbors find a place to call home.
Together with our donors, advocates, and volunteers, we’re addressing the most critical issues facing Orange County through our three initiatives:
Together, We Drive Student Success
Our United for Student Success℠ initiative works to ensure local students have the resources and support they need to stay on track in school, graduate high school on time, and are ready for college, career, and life.
- 3,631 underserved students received academic and social support via our Destination Graduation℠ program
- 4,787 hours of academic tutoring were provided to struggling students
- 1,667 students experienced work-based learning via our Youth Career Connections program
- 285 OC high school seniors from underserved neighborhoods completed our e-Mentoring program, helping them stay on track for graduation, and received a laptop to bridge the digital divide
Together, We Help Vulnerable Families Gain Financial Security
Our United for Financial Security℠ initiative empowers struggling OC families to gain financial stability and work toward self-sufficiency.
- We helped distribute federal and state Emergency Rental Assistance funds to 7,071 OC residents
- 11,913 OC residents received free tax preparation services via our OC Free Tax Prep
- 299 OC households received free financial literacy coaching via our SparkPoint OC financial wellness program
Together, We Advocate for Affordable Housing and Work to End Homelessness
Our United to End Homelessness℠ initiative is committed to ending homelessness, with the goal of achieving functional zero, so that everyone in our community has a place to call home.
- 263 people experiencing homelessness were housed through our WelcomeHomeOC℠ program
- 325 affordable housing units were approved in OC as a result of our advocacy efforts
- 2,459 people attended our informational sessions addressing homelessness, housing solutions, and housing market challenges
As an Orange County Nonprofit, We Serve the OC Community
1 in 4
Each year, we touch the lives of 1 in 4 OC residents.
In 2021, we served 726,960 local individuals through direct services and programs, our funded partners network, and essential community outreach.
Our Latest Scorecard Event Series Videos
Watch highlights of the past year’s accomplishments, challenges, and stories of hope from each of our three initiatives. Find inspiration to get involved with other community members to make a difference in Orange County.
United for Student Success
United to End Homelessness
United for Financial Security
The milestones shared in these videos would not be possible without our dedicated supporters. Our work is collaborative and we know each achievement is a team effort. We can’t do what we do alone. But, together, we can change lives in our community.
We hope you’ll join us as we continue working to make Orange County the best it can be by genuinely caring for one another. Because that’s The OC Way.
A huge THANK YOU to our 2022 Scorecard Series Sponsors:
Orange County Department of Education, Kaiser Permanente, and Experian
Want to get involved in your community?
If you’d like to join our work breaking barriers and improving lives in Orange County, we encourage you to:
Do you have anything that helps clean up flood waters in one room.