Thank you for your interest in partnering with Orange County United Way to help our community FACE 2024.
With the help of our community partners, we are energized by the results of our FACE 2024 initiatives to date. This is truly our moment to work even closer together to change the lives of children, families and individuals in our community, rewriting the future of Orange County.
Our Grant Making Process
With the rollout of our FACE 2024 community-wide action plan, Orange County United Way has instituted a grant making process to identify and support leading community programs and initiatives aligned with the plan’s bold 10-year goals in the areas of Education, Income, Health and Housing. This process is ongoing and fluid.
Orange County Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP)
- Each agency must meet the following requirements to be eligible for Phase CARES funding:
- Be a qualified non-profit or an agency of government
- Have an accounting system
- Practice nondiscrimination
- Have a program in place that was operating prior to the start of the coronavirus pandemic in Orange County (agency must have provided services in Orange County for the months of January 2020 and February 2020).
- Have demonstrated the capacity to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs during the coronavirus pandemic (agency must have provided services in Orange County for the months of March 2020, April 2020 and May 2020).
- Have a voluntary board if private, not-for-profit.
- Applications will be considered for the following: food pantries, food banks, mass feeding (congregate meals), mass shelters and rent/mortgage assistance.
- Application for Phase CARES is available at, https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PhaseCARES. You can also download the application PDF.
- Applications are due on Friday, June 19, 2020 by 6:00 PM
Application assistance will be offered by video meeting on:
- Wednesday, May 27th from 10:00 – 11:00
- Friday, May 29th from 10:00 – 11:00
- Monday, June 1st from 10:00 – 11:00
To register for application assistance please email the date you would like to attend to, Jeff Dronkers EFSP Administrator at, EFSP@unitedwayoc.org.
Phase 37 applications to be released in the winter of 2020
By working together, we can make sure every child has access to the building blocks for a good quality of life: Education, Income, Health and Housing. Each one is consistently interconnected. Without one essential building block, the others will topple. Together we can ensure that Orange County is ready to FACE 2024.
We are proud to partner with United Way as we tackle some of the toughest issues that impact our communities. Through our collective effort we leverage resources, align our expertise, and apply laser focus to increasing our effect on those who need us most.
Working Together On Our Shared Goals
For more information about United Way’s FACE 2024 grant making process, grants for nonprofits, community grants, education, income, health and housing grants please contact