The hallmark of an Alexis de Tocqueville Society member is a special level of commitment to making a positive impact. Across the United States, there are more than 26,000 members working together to change lives.
Here in Orange County, our elite group of local philanthropists is an alliance of nearly 400 successful, community-minded individuals and business leaders who invest $10,000 or more annually with the greater of $3,000 or 10% invested in United Way’s Community Impact Fund. We are grateful to our members who show their passion by contributing time, talent and financial resources to help transform Orange County.
Benefits of Membership
Nearly 400 member network
Special events with community leaders
Unique affinity groups
Recognition in the national Alexis de Tocqueville Society
One-on-one personal philanthropy liaison
Doing More for our community
Alexis de Tocqueville Society Affinity Groups
- Bench & Bar – A network of leading Orange County attorneys who are taking a stand for our next generation to help build a brighter future for children and families in our community. Learn More about Bench & Bar.
- President’s Circle – President’s Circle members are extraordinarily dedicated to social responsibility and make an annual donation to United Way directly supporting our mission and local programs. Learn More about President’s Circle.
- Real Estate Community Builders – A network of Orange County real estate and building industry leaders committed to building our community’s future. Learn more about Real Estate Community Builders.
- Women’s Philanthropy Fund – One of the most powerful voices of philanthropy for women in Orange County, this networking of passionate women make an investment in the Women’s Empowerment Portfolio to build resources and lead change to support children and families in Orange County. Learn More about Women’s Philanthropy Fund.
At the forefront of improving lives through generosity and passion
Setting the standard for charitable giving, Tocqueville Society members are at the forefront of improving lives through extraordinary financial gifts, volunteerism and advocacy. Meet some of our leaders:
For over two decades, Sherri Bovino and Greg Burden have brought passion, insights, and expertise to Orange County United Way. Sherri serves as a board member and is a past chair for the Women’s Philanthropy Fund and Greg is a past chair of the Tocqueville Society.
Throughout the 25 years that Suzanne Fradette has been involved with United Way, she has been an active board member, a past chair of the Women’s Philanthropy Fund, a Tocqueville Society cabinet co-chair and is a member of the Orange Impact Society. In 2015, she was honored as one of the Volunteers of the Year for her contribution of time and talents to advancing United Way’s mission.
Nancy and Mike Meyer have supported Orange United Way for more than 30 years. They committed at the highest level of personal generosity for our community as members of Million Dollar Roundtable, an amazing group of extraordinary leaders, who are helping to create a lifelong partnership that transforms lives and creates change where it is needed most.
Tocqueville Cabinet Members
- Adrian Griggs, Pacific Life Insurance Company
- Rochelle Karr, O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Greg Backley, Automobile Club of Southern California
- Nicole Carrillo Hall, loanDepot
- Antonella Castro, Real Estate and Business Lawyer
- Nanda Kumar Cheruvatath, Eaton Aerospace
- Kimberlee Davis, The Bahnsen Group
- Suzanne Fradette, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Loreen Gilbert CIMA, AIF, CRC, CLTC, WealthWise Financial Services
- Jackie Kelley, Ernst & Young
- Andrew Krongold, Spinnaker Investment Group
- Chris Norton, Latham & Watkins LLP
- Michael Ray, Western Digital
- Matt Rink, Alcon
- Bill Rooklidge, Gibson Dunn
- Steve Roush, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (Retired)
- Jim Scheinkman, Snell & Wilmer, L.L.P.
- John Simonis, Paul Hastings
- Gabriel Steffens, TIAA-CREF
- John Valenta, Deloitte.
- John Waldeck, CMB, CRI, Pacific Life Insurance Company
- Calista Wu, Rutan & Tucker, LLP
- Don Yahn, Cushman & Wakefield
Donor-Advised Fund – Doing More to help you achieve philanthropic goals
Orange County United Way is excited to offer our distinguished donors the opportunity to establish an online Donor-Advised Fund (DAF). You can maximize your charitable contributions for income tax purposes and make grant recommendation to charities of your choice at your convenience. Our unique benefits:
- No time limit on spending your contribution
- Complex assets accepted
- One-on-one personal liaison
- Personalize your fund
- No set-up fee
- Competitive market prices for maintenance & processing fees