If you’re a young professional under the age of 40 determined to create a stronger, healthier community, come together with next gen Orange County leaders as a member of Emerging Leaders United.
Emerging Leaders United is active in three aspects of community involvement: professional development, networking, and volunteerism. Through engagement with like-minded philanthropists in Orange County, this young professional network is committed to driving change by fighting for education, health, housing and financial stability.
Council members enjoy benefits such as exclusive professional development opportunities, an integral part in shaping the yearly mission of the group, and access to the Emerging Leaders United Mentorship Program comprised of our Board of Directors, Campaign Cabinet and Community Impact Committee.
United Way’s Emerging Leaders United are tomorrow’s community leaders and philanthropists
Our growing network of enthusiastic young professionals has joined hands to change the odds for children and families in our community. Meet some of our Emerging Leaders United:
Volunteerism is a major ELU component and from the beginning Matt Nordeman, Assistant Vice President, U.S. Bank¸ has been integral in setting up and executing volunteer projects throughout Orange County. Now, Matt serves as the Co-Chair for the ELU Council and continually increases the group’s impact on Orange County. His passion and dedication to this group have made its expansion possible.
Jessica McNamara, Senior Accountant at Grant Thornton, will serve as the Vice Chair of Emerging Leaders United during the 2017/2018 year. Jess has been instrumental leading this group's impact in the community and consistently finds new ways to help position ELU as a force for good for young professionals in Orange County.
EMERGING LEADERS UNITED COUNCIL MEMBERS
- Alex Musetti, Hughes Marino
- Alissa Zand, UPS
- Amber Seggie, Gallagher White
- Brenyale Toomer-Byas, Orange County United Way
- Brett Valdez, US Bank
- Casper Yen, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
- Chris Ticknor, Key Information Systems
- Christi Fisher, Grant Thornton
- Colin Higgins, Snell & Wilmer
- Jeff Whitton, Ernst & Young LLP
- Jessica McNamara, Grant Thornton
- Kevin Garrity, Orange County United Way
- Layah Hollandsworth, US Bank
- Letitia Berbaum, WealthWise Financial
- Liezl Sangalang, KPMG LLP
- Mario Rosales, Meguiar’s
- Marissa Record, Edwards Lifesciences
- Matt Martinez, Orange County Department of Education
- Matt Nordeman, US Bank
- Ron Nesland, UPS
- Sarah Chevallier, Orange County Department of Education
- Stephen Wiechert, First Foundation
- Tony Carruci, Snell & Wilmer
- Travis Topp, KPMG LLP
- Will Prokop, Paul Hastings
- $120 annual commitment to our Community Impact Work-fighting for the education, health, housing and financial stability for every Orange County resident
- Discounted prices to Emerging Leader United events
- Access to all organizational volunteer projects and events
- Recognition as Emerging Leader United member via print and digital media
- Qualify to apply for open Emerging Leader United Council seats
- United4OC T-Shirt