In Orange County, a diverse group of women leaders are actively engaged in philanthropy, volunteerism and advocacy—with the goal of making lasting change in our community.
United Way’s Women United is a vibrant, diverse community of 70,000 women leaders across the world leveraging their time, talent and resources to build stronger families within local communities.
In Orange County, Women United is a force of nearly 400 women dedicated to creating a community full of opportunities for everyone. Women United members invest $1,000 or more annually – with a minimum of 25% invested in United Way’s Community Impact Fund.
The benefits of being part of this powerful group of United Way ambassadors are many:
- Access to a network of committed, passionate philanthropists
- Collaborating with key women business and community leaders
- Exclusive invitations to fun and inspiring member events, luncheons, and speaker series
- Volunteering with other like-minded women changing conditions in our community
WOMEN UNITED COUNCIL MEMBERS
- Ellen Bartholemy, Hally & Company
- Antonella Castro, Real Estate and Business Lawyer
- Christina Henderson, Merrill Lynch
- Ayla Kalani, J.P. Morgan Private Bank
- Aparna Mehta, UPS
- Demetria Moore, Douglas Elliman Real Estate
- Haunani Nakabara, KPMG LLP
- Trina Norman, UPS
- Terri Pattillo, Advantage Solutions
- Yuliya Poutkaradze, Ernst & Young LLP
- Shiva Sattar, First Republic Bank
- Michelle Trogdlen French, Sunday Sol Events
- Nisha Verma, Kading Briggs LLP
- Linda Vites-Whiteman, Fluor
- Sarah Yoder, Edwards Lifesciences
Local, Global & Me:
A women’s empowerment series inspired by Bank of America
A Year-long Journey Promoting Holistic Health
and Well-Being with Dr. Mahtab Jafari
Check back soon for the upcoming event details!
Dr. Mahtab Jafari
Women’s Philanthropy Fund
One of the most powerful voices of philanthropy for women in Orange County, this network of passionate women make an investment to build resources and lead change so that every woman and child in Orange County can achieve her full potential. When you join Women’s Philanthropy Fund, you automatically become a member of the Tocqueville Society.
By strategically investing in place-based initiatives, the Women’s Philanthropy Fund is able to positively impact outcomes for women and children facing high poverty, employment and housing instability.
Women United Co-Chair
KMPG LLP / Product Manager – Tax Transformation and Technology
Women United Co-Chair
CFP® / Merrill Lynch / Financial Advisor
Women's Philanthropy Fund Co-Chair
Taking a leadership role to transform lives
The loyalty of the members of Women United is unparalleled. As a member, you give voice to transformative change in our community. Meet some of our women leaders in philanthropy:
Longtime leaders in philanthropy Artyn Gardner, Karen Conlon and Muff Tennyson form a powerful trio to make a measurable difference in the lives of local children and families.
Join the Women United Quarterly Newsletter
Enter your email address to receive quarterly information about all things related to Women United.