The hallmark of a Tocqueville Society member is a special level of commitment to making a positive impact. Across the United States, there are more than 26,000 members working together to change lives.
Here in Orange County, our elite group of local philanthropists is an alliance of nearly 250 successful, community-minded individuals and business leaders who invest $10,000 or more annually with the greater of $3,000 or 10% invested in United Way’s Community Impact Fund. We are grateful to our members who show their passion by contributing time, talent and financial resources to help transform Orange County.
Benefits of Membership
- Become part of a network of nearly 250 local philanthropic leaders who are creating long-lasting, positive changes in the community
- Unique opportunities to connect with hundreds of our country’s top philanthropists and community leaders through invitations to exclusive events and volunteer programs through the year
- Name recognition in the national Tocqueville Society directory and the Annual Report to the community
- A dedicated UNITED4OC donor liaison to help you manage and reach your philanthropic goals
- Annual Scorecard Report of Community Impact Programs
- Membership in National Tocqueville Society
- Confidence and satisfaction of knowing that your contribution and leadership are helping to address the critical areas of Education, Income, Health, and Housing
- Additional engagement opportunities through Tocqueville Society affinity groups
Tocqueville Society Affinity Groups
- Bench & Bar – A network of leading Orange County attorneys who are taking a stand for our next generation to help build a brighter future for children and families in our community. Learn More about Bench & Bar.
- President’s Circle – President’s Circle members are extraordinarily dedicated to social responsibility and make an annual donation to United Way directly supporting our mission and local programs. Learn More about President’s Circle.
- Real Estate Community Builders – A network of Orange County real estate and building industry leaders committed to building our community’s future. Learn more about Real Estate Community Builders.
- Women’s Philanthropy Fund – One of the most powerful voices of philanthropy for women in Orange County, this networking of passionate women make an investment in the Women’s Empowerment Portfolio to build resources and lead change to support children and families in Orange County. Learn More about Women’s Philanthropy Fund.
At the forefront of improving lives through generosity and passion
Setting the standard for charitable giving, Tocqueville Society members are at the forefront of improving lives through extraordinary financial gifts, volunteerism and advocacy. Meet some of our leaders:
For over two decades, Sherri Bovino and Greg Burden have brought passion, insights, and expertise to Orange County United Way. Sherri serves as a board member and is a past chair for the Women’s Philanthropy Fund and Greg is a past chair of the Tocqueville Society.
Throughout the 25 years that Suzanne Fradette has been involved with United Way, she has been an active board member, a past chair of the Women’s Philanthropy Fund, a Tocqueville Society cabinet co-chair and is a member of the Orange Impact Society. In 2015, she was honored as one of the Volunteers of the Year for her contribution of time and talents to advancing United Way’s mission.
Nancy and Mike Meyer have supported Orange United Way for more than 30 years. They committed at the highest level of personal generosity for our community as members of Million Dollar Roundtable, an amazing group of extraordinary leaders, who are helping to create a lifelong partnership that transforms lives and creates change where it is needed most.
Tocqueville Cabinet Members
- Adrian Griggs, Pacific Life Insurance Company
- John Simonis, Paul Hastings
- Nicole Carrillo Hall, loanDepot
- Nanda Kumar Cheruvatath, Eaton Aerospace
- Suzanne Fradette, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Loreen Gilbert CIMA, AIF, CRC, CLTC, WealthWise Financial Services
- Chris Norton, Latham & Watkins LLP
- Michael Ray, Western Digital
- Matt Rink, Alcon
- Bill Rooklidge, Gibson Dunn
- Steve Roush, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (Retired)
- Jim Scheinkman, Snell & Wilmer, L.L.P.
- John Valenta, Deloitte.
- John Waldeck, CMB, CRI, Pacific Life Insurance Company
Donate Stock to Charity – Make Greater Impact with United Way
By contributing appreciated securities to Orange County United Way,
you make a powerful community contribution while gaining valuable
tax advantages. If you have owned appreciated securities for at least
a year and a day, your contribution can offer the following benefits:
• Eliminate capital gains tax
• Enjoy a last-minute tax break
• Claim market value