Youth Career Connections is Orange County United Way’s work-based learning initiative that infuses classroom learning with real-world experiences. We connect students directly to employers so they are prepared for lifelong success by graduating both college- and career-ready.
Bringing experiential learning to and extending student career exploration beyond the classroom helps put students on a path toward academic and economic success.
Youth Career Connections Culmination Celebration Sponsorships
If you’re interested in developing future workplace leaders and making a difference for college-bound students, consider this sponsorship. Through United Way’s Youth Career Connections, local businesses offer summer internships and enriching, real-world experiences to high school scholars. At the end of the program, this event acknowledges the students’ achievements and the community commitment of Youth Career Connections partner employers.
Why Youth Career Connections?
Key Educational Partners
- Anaheim Union High School District
- Garden Grove Unified School District
- Orange County Department of Education
– OC Pathways
Our Corporate Business Partners
- Eaton Aerospace
- Edwards Lifesciences
- FirstService Residential
- St. Joseph’s
- UNITE HERE Local 11
- Ware Malcomb
PARTNERS IN ACTION
How Your Business Can Get Involved
Invest in OC’s Future Workforce
A full spectrum of work-based learning experiences builds career awareness, enhances career exploration and leads to early career preparation:
- Arrange Corporate Speaking Engagements
- Host Industry Site Visits
- Participate in Teacher Learning Panels
- Host a Teacher Externship
- Host a High School Intern
Empower Youth to Become Tomorrow’s Leaders
We are actively seeking local business mentor partners in these industries:
- Arts, Media and Entertainment
- Engineering and Architecture
- Health Services and Medical Technology
- Information and Computer Technology