It’s never been more important to ensure that everyone in Orange County is counted.
Results from the 2020 Census will help determine how money is allocated to improve our schools, fix our roads and highways, and to provide vital programs and resources in the community.
In Orange County, the 2020 Census will determine how money is allocated toward schools, free lunch programs, college grants, housing vouchers, and more – that’s why Orange County United Way is encouraging everyone to take the 2020 Census.
2020 CENSUS COUNT ENDS SEPTEMBER 30th!
A reminder that Census workers have started visiting homes that have not yet responded.
Why Your 2020 Census Response Matters
- Getting a complete and accurate count in 2020 requires everyone’s help.
- The Census can shape many different aspects of the Orange County community.
- Every Person Counts – This includes people of all ages, races, ethnic groups, citizens and non-citizens.
- Make 2020 Count – With your count, we have fair representation in government.
- Your Information is Safe and Protected – By Federal Law, the Census Bureau cannot share your information with immigration and law enforcements.
2020 Census Common Questions
Why are you required to take the 2020 census? (Importance)
- Census data drives decision making that impact the lives of each and every person living in the United States.
- Census data is used to advocate for more resources for the community members. It will determine fair respresentation in local, state and federal government, inlcuding Orange County.
Who is required to respond to the 2020 Census?
- Everyone living in the 50 states of U.S. territories is reuired by law to be counted through the census.
How your personal information is protected?
- By law, U.S. Census data cannot be shared with immigration or law enforcement agencies. By law, U.S. Census data cannot be used to determine eligibility for government benefits.
Do you have additional resources?
Impact Of The Census In Orange County
A fair and accurate count is critical for Orange County – equal representation, adequate federal funding for our state and cities, placement of our schools, roads, hospitals, child care centers, senior centers, free lunch programs, housing vouchers, college grants, and more.
Our democracy – and a lot of money – is at stake. Everyone must be counted. Let your voice be heard!